Samsung Galaxy S2 Fake unit Vs original
Do you know that the fake or imitation unit ofSamsung Galaxy Note II has started to invade the market? Do you know that they are 90% identical to the genuine unit? By just a bare eye observation it is impossible for you and me to identify the ingenuity of the unit. Shocking right? The fake one look almost identical to the real one, as a matter of fact the 9 Richer Magnitude Scale news did shock us too. Added to the worse, there are some irresponsible sellers that actually sell the clone unit at the price tag of the genuine unit. And some of the hopeless consumer actually became the victim of the scam. Now the question is how can you protect yourself from being the victim of the fake imitator…..
A few days ago, one of my friend was asking me whether I would like to get my hand on a brand new SamsungGalaxy Note II at a discounted price of only USD 280. What the heck how can this be possible for a Galaxy Note 2 that is currently retailed at ~ USD 750. Again my instinct told me that this must be a fake one, why would anyone sell the original Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at such an offer price of more than 50%. Or to be more precise, that is a whopping 60% off the price tag of the genuine unit in the market.
Beware Before Buying Your Samsung Galaxy Note II
Fake one? Yes, indeed the unit is a real copycat from the original unit and it is very to distinguish between the fake vs the original unit. The finding has actually shocked us and the intention of this post is to educate both you and us from being turned into the victim of the irresponsible seller. How? By and equipping and educating yourself with the knowledge we about to post here in this article.
Again thanks to Yahoo China for the detail comparison walk-through between the original vs fake Galaxy Note 2. We at 10Divison has converted the Chinese version of the comparison to English so that all our readers could benefit from their detail comparison. In additional, we have gathered all the information from our research on the fake copycat in this post. We sincerely hope that for those who looking to buy your next Galaxy Note II to read through this guide.
How to Determine Whether Your Galaxy Note 2 is a Real Original or Fake Copycat?
Are you ready? Let dive deep into the battle world between the genuine vs fake…. We have enlisted all our finding below:
I. Physical Appearance
1. Physical Outlook. Both the phone look the same, perhaps it is quite hard for the first time user to identify the differences between a clone vs genuine unit.
2. Front Camera. The fake unit have a smaller camera hole compare to the genuine one. While the rest of the area like Samsung’s logo, speaker’s position and 2 sensors seem identical to the genuine unit.
3. Home Button. Home button for genuine Note II is a bit rough compare to the fake one which is having a smooth surface. This could easily identify by touching the button.
4. Volume Button. Both fake and genuine Note 2 come with a minor color different on the side. The fake version come with a bigger button while the genuine ver with a smaller one.
5. Top Part of Phone. Both fake and genuine Note 2 look exactly the same on the top. It is hard to distinguish between both of them.
6. Bottom Part. Both fake and genuine Note 2 look approximately the same on the bottom. You might observe a small latch for the genuine unit, while the fake one does not come with a latch.
7. Rear LED Light. Fake Note 2 LED light look much alike the original version. But a close up show that it is much more clearer and simpler compare to the genuine one.
8. Inside the Back Panel. Both the fake and genuine Note 2 look almost identical in the inside. Both the SIM card holder andexternal memory card slot look exactly the same.
9. Speaker Holes. Genuine Note 2’s speaker holes are closer to each others and smaller compare to the fake one. You could easily spot the different in the picture above.
10. Antenna. The genuine Note 2 has a thicker antenna compare to the fake version. In additional, the material used is different from genuine ver. This explain why the fake one have a weak signal compare to the genuine one.
11. NFC Support. Genuine Note 2 come with NFC support while the fake one does not support NFC.Checkout the picture above.
12. S-Pen. S-Pen is the most easiest way to identify whether it is a clone or genuine unit. Fake version just come with a simple touch pen.
13. Battery Printing. The original battery come with a better fine print of font on the back of the battery wrapper.
14. Top Portion of Battery. The original battery does come with a polarity sign + / – at the top part of the battery.
IV. Screen / Display
15. Front Display Technology. The screen display is obvious. The fake one is using the normal LCD screen while the genuine Note 2 is using SuperAMOLED display.
16. Front Display Size. The genuine Note 2 come with a 5.6 inch display while the fake Note 2 does come with a smaller screen. This clearly explained why the fake Note 2 having a thicker edge.
17. Weight. The genuine Note 2 weight at ~ 176g while the fake version weight more at ~217g. Heavier compare to the genuine one.
18. Display Setting. Genuine Note 2 come with a 720p resolution. You just need to take a photo and determine if the photo resolution is of 1280×720. The fake one only show 540×960.
19. System Setting. The system setting of the fake Note 2 is showing GPU type PowerVR SGX 531 and not Mali400. The data show in the AnTaTu benchmark might incorrect.
20. AnTaTu Benchmark. This fake Note 2 has been preinstalled with the AnTaTu Benchmark and scoring at 9699 point. So please beware if your Note II does come along with the AnTaTu and don’t allow you to install with the latest version of AnTaTu app.
21. Summary. Guess you all have a clear understanding on how to differentiate between a genuine vs fake Note 2 through all the 5 indicator above. In addition, the genuine version normally retail at USD750 while the fake one at USD 280.
Specification Comparison Between Fake vs Original Note 2
How to Prevent Yourself from Being the Victim of the Copycat
As we all know it is getting harder and harder for us to identify whether the unit we are buying is a genuine one or the other side of the coin. But by following the tips below we can always ensure that we not fall victim to the irresponsible seller.
1. Always buy from a reputable seller like telco, big brand merchant and etc
2. Avoid getting the unit from online seller except those deal offer by reputable online mobile store.
3. Check your phone authenticity verifying the IMEI online
How to Check IMEI Online?
i. Open the dialer and dial *#06#
ii. Copy or take a snapshot of the IMEI info
iii. Goto http://www.imei.info/
iv. Insert your phone IMEI and press check
v. Your phone model, specification and photo will be listed out in the site . If your phone was reported having an invalid IMEI, there is a high chances that your phone might not from the original vendor.
Guess that all we would like to convey, again we would like to advise our users to be careful before getting your next gadget. Please help to forward this to your friends or family members if you find the article is useful. Via : 10div